Filmacademie heeft vacature Programme Coordinator for Master of Film
Vrijdag 29 mei, 2015
The Netherlands Film Academy is an international school for professional training in film, offering eight Bachelor programmes and a two-year Master’s programme (MA Artistic Research in Film). The academy is part of the Amsterdam School of the Arts (AHK), which also includes the Conservatorium van Amsterdam, de Theaterschool, the Academy of Fine Art in Education, the Reinwardt Academy and the Academy of Architecture.
To join our faculty for the Master’s programme, from 1 September 2015, we are looking for a:
Programme coordinator for Master of Film (0.6 fte)
The focus of the two-year international MA-programme is on artistic research. The programme offers (young) professionals from diverse artistic backgrounds the time and space they need to conduct research in order to continue developing their own professional practice, thus also contributing to the development of film and media.
The small team, led by the director of the MA-programme (the Lector), consists of three mentors, the general coordinator and the new programme coordinator. A large group of guest lecturers is also affiliated with the programme.
Tasks and responsibilities
Coordination of course programme
- responsible for the everyday running of the course programme;
- advising on and producing of workshops and lectures;
- scheduling the programme;
- producing the study guide;
- writing exam reports;
- communicating the programme and its demands to students and lecturers;
- documenting course material and students’ projects and progress;
- organising, documenting and analysing course evaluations with students and lecturers;
- active participation in team meetings.
Coordination of student projects
- coordination of practical experiments, assignments and graduation projects;
- discussing students’ plans, with the students and their mentors, in terms of content and in terms of feasibility with respect to time, finance and facilities;
- coordinating contacts between students and relevant departments of the Academy (with respect to those projects);
- representing the Master in the general production and planning meetings of the Academy;
- co-production of the yearly Graduation Show;
- facilitating or initiating contacts between students and the professional field.
Job requirements and profile
The prospective employee:
- has proven professional experience in the field of film and/or audiovisual arts, preferably as (creative) producer;
- has a broad network in the worlds of film and art, both in the Netherlands and abroad;
- is interested in and knowledgeable about developments within film and the visual arts;
- is competent to work in an academic/HBO environment; experience in the field of higher education is an advantage;
- easily navigates an environment consisting of moving image makers, especially creative young students;
- has an excellent command of written and spoken English;
- has an adequate command of written and spoken Dutch;
- grasps the bigger picture and is capable of formulating and implementing policy;
- is a team player and has excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- can multitask and work independently;
- is flexible, results-driven and decisive, takes the initiative, handles stress well and has a sense of humour.
The Netherlands Film Academy offers a pleasant working environment at a lovely and conveniently positioned location in downtown Amsterdam. The position and pay scale are arranged in accordance with the collective labour agreement for higher professional education (CAO-hbo). The job has been placed in pay scale 10 (max. € 3.815,44 gross monthly income for a full-time job). The salary depends in part on education, experience and last previous salary. The position on offer is 0.6 FTE. The scope of the job and the flexibility of the programme offer the option of combining the job with an individual professional practice. The appointment will initially be for a period of one year, with an option for renewal.
Inlichtingen en sollicitaties
More information about the programme is available on the website at www.masteroffilm.nl. For more information about the job, please contact Mieke Bernink, Lector and Director of the Master of Film, on +31 6 21274619.
Applications should be submitted in English, including a motivation letter and curriculum vitae, no later than Friday 5 June 2015, by e-mail only, addressed to Mieke Bernink via firstname.lastname@example.org.
The first round of interviews will take place on Monday 15 June 2015. Suitable candidates from the first round will be invited to a second round of interviews on Friday 19 June. Job interviews will be conducted in English.
Internal and external recruitment is taking place simultaneously. In the event that applicants are equally qualified, applicants already working at the Amsterdam School of the Arts will have preference in the application procedure.
Download this vacancy (PDF)